The General Data Protection Regulations
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. Under these new regulations enforced across Europe, individuals have a right to request access to personal data (subject access requests) with requests processed within 30 days at no cost to the individual. Personally identifiable data includes a range of information, from licence plates, name and date of birth, to IP addresses and cookies.
A recent survey of 1,015 companies across Europe uncovered current attitudes about GDPR readiness. The survey findings show that on average, companies will spend 172 hours a month locating the data for such requests. 44% of companies reported that they are concerned about their ability to be compliant with GDPR. Business need to be aware of compliance issues as they face a hefty fine if they do not comply. These fines can be €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover.
The survey discovered that larger companies are taking a more proactive approach to GDPR, with 64% preparing to overhaul their IT. However, a large scale IT overhaul for video redaction will not be necessary for users of Ocucon Pixelate. Simple, cost effective and easy to use, Pixelate is a first of its kind, intelligent video redaction tool for GDPR compliance.
The Pixelate platform ensures highly secure data protection, with the following features:
- Completely auditable log of video redaction
- End-to-end advanced encryption of all footage
- UK processed data
- Low-cost additional licences can be added on to your subscription
- A pricing model that allows you to purchase only what you need to use lowering costs
- Simple to use interface means very little training needed
- Option to purchase a tailored package
- Full UK support
- Listed on the UK Government Digital Marketplace for procurement
Users of Pixelate can upload CCTV footage to the secure web-based Pixelate website and download redacted files within minutes.